To promote energy efficiency at the workplace by nudging behavioural changes towards energy savings
Some equipment and lights were being left on unnecessarily when they were not in use. Some staff lacked knowledge on how to switch the equipment on and off. For others a lack of motivation and simply forgetting were reasons identified for leaving equipment on unnecessarily.
- Floor representatives were engaged in a workshop to discuss barriers and motivators to changing employee behaviours using caterpillar voting boards.
- Green apples with messages on them were given to all staff during the campaign as a reminder to look for the ‘green apple’ stickers to switch off equipment.
- Talking to key users and system administrators to alleviate barriers
- Easy signage and self-help instructions for AV equipment
- Willingness to learn about behaviour change and translate this into concrete actions that align with the culture of the organisation helps build a strong campaign
- Personal engagement is important to create results
- Desire to extend campaign to GIC global offices due to positive results experienced